Today’s post is a guest post written by a good friend of mine. She literally lives a mile down the road from me, so we’re practically neighbors out here in Rural Kansas. Please welcome Emmaleee. If you’d like to read more about her and her family, please visit her site, The Hoggatt Homeschool.
Tweet this recipe!Click To Tweet
How to Make Yogurt in Your Slow Cooker
- In blender, mix starter and milk. Pour into crockpot and turn to warm setting. If you don't have the warm setting just use low but watch closely to avoid scorching milk.
- After milk is heated to around 110 degrees mix in jello WELL!
- Turn off crockpot and wrap with heavy towel to keep warm or pour into containers and place in a cooler of very hot water. Let set for 6-8 hrs. Then you will have yogurt!
- Please Note: Homemade yogurt is not as thick as store bought yogurt.
In addition to homeschooling we also have a small farm (Triple – A – Farm). And on that farm we have some dairy goats…EEE II EEE II OO! haha So we get lots of fresh milk. After a while you start running out of room for said milk and get creative. Hence this recipe for Crockpot Yogurt!
* Instead of using Jello you may also add in honey and vanilla extract. If doing this add in 1/4 to 1/2 extra starter to set.