Easy Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipes are hard to come by, but this one is pretty amazing! You’ll love the spice and tang that it brings to your table.
Easy Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe
Barbecue sauce is such an interesting thing. Everyone seems to have an opinion on it and there are so many amazingly tasty variations of it as well. I love making this easy homemade BBQ sauce recipe! There’s something satisfying saying that “I Made This Sauce!” It’ll impress both friends and family alike!
How Do You Make Homemade BBQ Sauce?
My husband just happens to be a pro at throwing together the perfect barbecue sauce with a little bit of this and a little bit of that. For this particular recipe though, I started throwing ingredients in the prep bowl and then he came in and took over, lol. (He’s the one with a good taste for it!)
I had to write down everything he did and make him measure it. (Normally he goes based on taste alone). This recipe is the sauce that he came up with! It’s actually a very easy BBQ sauce recipe to make. It’s a little sweet, yet a little tangy and just slightly spicy. If you don’t like the spice, reduce the pepper down to 1/4 teaspoon and leave out the Tabasco Sauce.
To actually make this recipe, I’ll let you follow the directions toward the end. Be sure to follow them closely. If you end up leaving out the ingredients that make it spicy, don’t worry. It’ll still taste amazing!
How Do you Thicken Homemade BBQ Sauce?
I know, sometimes you set out to make the perfect homemade BBQ sauce and then later find that it’s more runny than you think it’s supposed to be (or that you would prefer). There’s a few ways to thicken your homemade bbq sauce. I’ll list them below:
- Cook it down. The longer you cook it, the more it will reduce (or cook down), which will thicken the sauce.
- You can use flour. Just add 2 tablespoons of flour to 1/4 cup of cold water. Mix it well, then stir into the sauce. This should not change the taste.
- Use cornstarch. Mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of cold water. Stir and mix well while cooking over medium heat a few more minutes, as it thickens.
How to Make Easy Homemade BBQ Sauce in the Bellini Kitchen Master
The Bellini Kitchen Master is a fun machine! It’s both a food processor and/or blender, PLUS it cooks and stirs food while it’s cooking it. It’s pretty amazing!
For this particular recipe, I put the fresh ingredients into the prep bowl to chop my garlic and onion into tiny bits. Then, I added the rest of the ingredients and cooked it in the Bellini Kitchen Master for 30 minutes until it was good and done. It was AMAZING!
I’ve made a video for you below:
For more information about the Bellini Kitchen Master, you can visit their website, enter the giveaway BELOW for a chance to win a free one OR you can even buy one on Amazon. If you’d like to see me use it in another recipe, be sure to click over to the Homemade Tomato Basil Soup Recipe. You can even steam vegetables and fish in it! It’s truly amazing!
What Do You Serve this Easy Homemade BBQ Sauce on?
We ended up putting the BBQ sauce over some chicken in the slow cooker and cooked it all night. I saved a little more sauce though so that I could also dip it in it. YUMMM!!
(This amazing recipe was brought to you by Bellini Kitchen Master)
The Best Easy BBQ Sauce Recipe Ever
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Simmer on low for about 30 minutes to an hour, until the sauce thickens and has the chance to meld all of the flavors together. Cool and serve.
If making in the Bellini Kitchen Master:
- Place 1/2 onion & garlic clove in prep bowl.
- Blend it on speed 6 for 10 seconds, until it's finely chopped.
- Pour all other ingredients in prep bowl.
- Cook at 194º F for 30 minutes, at speed 1. (This will help it to stir evenly while cooking).
- Let cool and serve with your favorite meat.
*This post contains affiliate links.