Is your microwave dirty? Cleaning a microwave is one of those things that I always put off. I think mostly because it’s out of sight and out of mind until, of course, I have to use it. Then I realize how dirty it is. But right then, I’m kind of in the middle of needing to microwave something. I’m not going to take the time to wash my microwave out when I’m trying to get something heated quickly. I will, if I don’t get sidetracked after I’m done cooking, but chances are, I’ll be on to the next thing that happens to be right in front of me.
Well, today was my day of memory. My microwave was getting too gross. It’s time to remove all that stuck on food and I have a tip to share to make it a tad bit easier.
|Yuck, yuck, yuck!|
- Grab a microwave safe bowl. The wider the rim, the better.
- Fill it with water and 1 teaspoon of vanilla (could also use vinegar or lemons but I wanted the sweet smell of vanilla wafting through my house)
- Cook on High for about 5 minutes, letting that water get all steamy
- Let sit for a couple minutes to let the steam continue to release onto the walls of the microwave.
- Remove that bowl of water with hot pads
- Grab a dish rag and wipe out the microwave. The stuff just melts off because the steam has helped to loosen it. Works like a charm.