Chicken Cordon Bleu
See the Printable Recipe Below.Tweet this recipe!Click To Tweet
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole Recipe for the Crockpot
- 5-6 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into pieces
- 1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 cup of Milk
- 2 boxes of Chicken Stuffing Stovestop or off brand prepared as package recommends minus the butter
- 6 slices of ham I used smoked ham lunchmeat
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 8 T. Butter
- Salt pepper, garlic powder to taste
- Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker. I cut mine up, so that it would serve more people, but you wouldn’t have to.
- Mix Cream of Chicken Soup with milk and pour over the chicken.
- Cover with slices of ham. I used ham lunchmeat, but if I do it again, I’ll use a slightly thicker cut of ham.
- Mix up the stuffing mix with the water. Put over the top of the ham mix. The butter that was supposed to be mixed in with the stuffing mix can be cut into pats and placed on top of the stuffing so that it slowly sinks in throughout the day.
- Top with Swiss Cheese
- Let bake for 4-5 hours on high or 8 hours on low. I ended up topping mine with a little extra shredded cheese that I had on hand, because the Swiss melted on into the dish
Freezer to Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Place 5-6 Chicken Breasts in a Gallon Size freezer bag. Place sliced swiss cheese and ham pieces in a smaller quart size bag. Place the small bag inside the larger bag.
- Label bag with Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole.
- Lay flat to freeze.
- [On cooking day you'll need to have the chicken thawed so you can quickly chop it with scissors once you put it in the slow cooker, the other ingredients can be added that day as well.]
*This post contains affiliate links.