A couple of weeks ago, I shared with you about how you can build a blog to make extra income. When I first got into monetizing my blog, I was doing it for the purpose of trying to make enough money to pay some of our monthly bills and to have some extra spending money. A friend of mine was making enough money each month to pay her grocery bill and had money left over. When I learned what she was doing, I was determined to do the same thing! And guess what? I was successful! We have a large family with 9 people in it. Life is not cheap for us! I was so excited to learn that you could make money from being online and writing about the things you’re passionate about. (You can read more of my blogging story here, if you missed it.)
I remember when I first started my website, I was shocked at how much knowledge you need to have in order to monetize a blog. It can be downright overwhelming!! Thankfully, I had a dear friend who was willing to take me by the hand and help me with my questions and decisions along the way. She was great at challenging me to take action and she answered so many of my questions. It took me a while to figure out where to go when I didn’t want to bother her, but I finally figured out many places that I could go in order to increase my knowledge. I crave blogging knowledge. I’m constantly reading or listening to podcasts all about the subject.
Because I’m always being asked how to make money blogging and there was enough interest from the readers on my site, I’ve decided to proceed with making a 3 month class about how to build and monetize your own website. If you have ever considered building an income by starting a blog or website, this is the class for you!! In the class, you will learn so many things!
You Will Learn:
- How to get started building a website in the best way possible, eliminating mistakes and growing as quickly as possible. (These are the tips that I wish someone had taught me!)
- How to choose a profitable niche for you.
- How to know what you should be writing about.
- How to know the best way to name your blog so that search engines will find it.
- How to install WordPress on your own hosting account.
- How to get your first 500 subscribers.
- How to get sponsors to pay you to tell your readers about their products.
- Where to get sponsors from.
- How to make money (in detail!)
- How to build traffic and grow your audience and pageviews.
- How to track your traffic so you know what’s doing well and what’s not.
- How often to post.
- How to promote your blog.
- How to reach your target audience.
- How to stay on track and keep focused.
- How to build an editorial calendar so that you always know what you should be writing.
- How much money you can expect to make at certain blogging stages.
- How to know if your interests are too broad for your blog.
- How to build a social media following and know how often to post on these platforms.
- Where to get pictures.
- How to skip the amateur picture phase and make your blog post pictures look amazing.
- And More!
Who Should Take this Course?
- Anyone who is interested in building an income that you can run from anywhere.
- Students – (I plan to use this as a homeschool course for my teenage daughter to learn how to make money from blogging. She desires to be an entrepreneur and I want to dump what is currently residing in my brain into hers, so this is one way that I’ll be able to do that!).
- Stay at Home Moms – If you would love to supplement your income, but you don’t want to have to put kids in day care or maybe you’re homeschooling them and have them with you all day, then this is a perfect opportunity for you. You can write about the things you love and learn how to make money doing it!
- Working Parents – I know you’re busy, because you’ve been at work all day, but…maybe you don’t like your job? Maybe you’d prefer to be a stay at home mom, but just can’t afford it. Start building a blog in your spare time, so eventually you CAN afford to stay home. Maybe you’re a dad who would like a career change. You can do this!
If you are looking for a get rich quick answer though, don’t buy this course! While you can make money within the first several months, it won’t be a lot. I literally remember making 1 cent a day on my Adsense ads and being excited that at least something was adding up. It wasn’t much, but it meant the ball was starting to roll. And believe me, it does start to roll. I went from making pennies, to dollars to hundreds of dollars each month. As long as you do the things I teach you, I wouldn’t be surprised if you were making $1,000 to $2,000 within 2 years. Can I promise that? No. It all depends on how hard you work, what your topic is that you’re writing about and how fast you’re able to build your audience. Every single blogger is different. We all have different stories.
Generally, you have to take the time to build your audience before you can expect to see significant income. For me, it was a good 2 years before I made a steady, predictable income. This was in part because I did not listen to people when they told me what I needed to be doing. It was also partly because I had to build the traffic. It takes time to compile enough blog posts that Google will use to send traffic your way. It takes time to build your subscribers up. Once you do it though, it’ll be like a snowball rolling down a hill. It will slowly pick up momentum and you will realize that you have many more possibilities.
How Will the Class Work?
Each week, you will receive 1-2 video lessons covering the topics mentioned above. You will receive access to the videos in a members only area on my site that will be password protected. Each week, I will give you an assignment to complete. You will also be added to a secret Facebook group, where you can feel free to ask questions as we go, making sure that your experience is an individualized one where you can get answers from someone who has been there.
What Will I Need?
- Domain & Hosting. You should plan to purchase your own domain name and hosting for your website. The hosting can be as much as $9.99 per month depending on the company you decide to go with, and would be considered your first business expense. I can walk you through how to set this up in one of our first class videos. While you can use a free hosting site, like Blogger, you will have better success monetizing your site and getting Google traffic to it if you have a self-hosted website. (I started on a free server and had to move over soon after I started…and immediately saw a big difference).
- A computer with internet access – You need to be able to type easily and watch videos from an internet connection.
- General computer confidence. If computers completely overwhelm you, you may need to hire someone to set up your blog. While I intend to walk you through how to buy a domain name and hosting and also how to install WordPress, I will not be your technical gal to figure out anything that went wrong. If you’re OK with figuring it out as you go, then you should be golden. There can be problems along the way, and it will be your responsibility to figure it out. If I can answer questions about those problems, I’ll be happy to, but I will not be able to log into your website to help you troubleshoot.
Sign up for Class Here:
To join this amazing class of blogging entrepreneurs, it will cost you $37 per month for 3 months OR a one time payment of $97. Let me tell you, this is a steal! Others are charging anywhere from $300 to $1000 for a course similar to this. I will likely be raising the price in the future, so if you are thinking about doing this, be sure to get in before the price goes up!
Pay Once – and Save $14! Sign up for the one time payment below:
Or you can pay once a month for 3 months, at $37 per month!
If you sign up, you will be added to the Facebook group by September 8, 2015, when the first video will also be posted. The class will last a total of 3 months and will end on December 8, 2015. You will cotinue to have access to the Facebook group until the end of December 2015 to ask any additional questions you may have. Because you may need them for a while to refer back to, I will continue to provide access to the videos forever. If I decide to take them down due to inactivity or changes on my own website, you will be notified by the provided email, so that you can download them to your own computer. If you still have questions, feel free to email me at [email protected]