This slow cooker pinto beans recipe is one of those meals that is so cheap to make, why not have it every week? I used to think that I didn’t like my mom’s slow cooker pinto beans recipe that she served us. Now, as an adult, it pleases me to realize how I can have a good hearty meal that does not have to eat all the money up and yet tastes delicious! I do not presoak the beans. That is one of the things that makes this meal easy!
Slow Cooker Pinto Beans Recipe
Don’t forget your toppings. That’s what makes it delicious!
The Best Slow Cooker Pinto Beans Recipe
- Pour pinto beans into the bottom of your crock pot.
- Sort and look for any that need to be thrown out.
- Cover with water so that the water level is a few inches above the beans.
- Chop onions and ham and throw in the crock.
- Add cumin & salt.
- Stir it all up.
- Cook on high for 6-8 hours.
- I prefer to do this one on high to be sure and get the beans soft enough since we're not presoaking them. You may need to check it throughout the day and add more water. If you plan to be gone a lot of the day, add more water than you think you need. It's better to be more soupy than to run out of liquid in the pot while you're cooking it.
Freezer to Slow Cooker Instructions:
- If you'd like to prepare this meal as a Freezer to Slow Cooker meal, all you need to do is chop your ham and onion, put it into a freezer bag with the cumin and salt. Freeze. On cooking day, follow the instructions above.