*This post contains affiliate links*
When I first decided to try this Slow Cooker Chicken & Kielbasa Recipe , I wasn’t sure how I felt about it. It sounded like it would be good, but I wasn’t exactly sure if I’d like the combination of kielbasa and chicken. Of course, cream cheese in anything, I usually do like, so I figured I’d most likely be safe. It was worth a shot anyway. Wouldn’t you know it, I loved it. This recipe had a very rich flavor and will be a favorite for my family for a long time. The kielbasa and chicken flavors were the perfect blend. It’s making my mouth water just thinking about it, lol.
It definitely passed the kid test and the husband test. They were all digging in and asking if they could have more! As it seems to go in our family, we ran out of food before there were any leftovers. If there was any left, I was going to save it to send to work with my husband in our new divided dishes I bought. We are going to start sending leftovers to work with him to save money on food. He’s been eating out a little more frequently than we’d like. If I’m ever to get any food to work with him though, I’m going to have to begin the meal by dishing his “tomorrow meal” out before we’re all served!
THE MOST AMAZING Chicken & Kielbasa Slow Cooker Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 8
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Soften cream cheese in the microwave for about 30 seconds. I like to use my silicone measuring cups to do this.
- Stir cream cheese, chicken stock, salt, garlic, mustard and wine together until well mixed.
- Place chicken breasts & sliced kielbasa in bottom of slow cooker.
- Place diced onions on top.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over the top.
- Cover & Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 5-6 hours.
- If the sauce gets too thick, too quickly, add more chicken broth. If it is still thin when you’re ready to serve, stir in some corn starch and/or take the slow cooker lid off for the last 30 minutes.
- When cooking time is done, grab your kitchen shears and cut up the chicken into bite sized pieces while it is still in the slow cooker.
- Once your spaghetti noodles are cooked, stir into the slow cooker, evenly coating the noodles with the sauce.
Freezer to Slow Cooker Instructions
- Dice onion
- Slice Kielbasa
- Follow instructions 1-2 above.
- Place sauce mixture into a gallon size freezer bag.
- Place 2 pounds of frozen chicken breast and sliced kielbasa and onions into another gallon sized freezer bag.
- Label Each bag, making sure to include 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 on the bags.
- Lay flat to freeze.