This post is sponsored by Hillshire Farm. All opinions are 100% my own.
We love eating sub sandwiches for a healthy, but easy lunch. Especially now that we’re back to school and our schedule just got a lot busier! There’s something about having the sandwich on that special bread (and not sandwich bread), that makes it that much tastier. We like to eat it on a whole wheat sub bun, as well as topped with several vegetables.
But, what can you put on a sub sandwich besides meat and cheese? Let me tell you, the options are limitless!
Of course, you’ve got your normal sandwich toppings…..
But there can be so much more to sub toppings. What about these?
- shredded carrots
- bell peppers (any color)
- banana peppers
- Roasted peppers
Mmmm, I’m getting hungry just thinking about it.
In addition to a healthy sub sandwich topping, you can make other heathy choices, like the kind of bread you choose and the kind of meat you choose. For me, I try to eat whole wheat bread, and I try to buy all natural lunch meat, like the kind that Hillshire Farm recently came out with. It’s called Hillshire Farm Naturals™ Lunchmeat.
Tell Me More About Hillshire Farm Naturals™ Lunchmeat….
- There are no preservatives in them!
- They are packaged so that they will remain fresh. (in double-sealed, re-sealable tubs that lock in freshness and great taste)
- Hillshire Farm Naturals™ new premium line of lunchmeat contains no artificial ingredients, preservatives or colors and no added nitrites/nitrates except those occurring naturally in celery juice.
- The taste is amazing. I mean, really amazing! I feel like the meat I was eating was top of the line!
- There are four different kinds: Slow Roasted Turkey Breast, Hardwood Smoked Turkey Breast, Honey Roasted Ham, and Black Forest Ham.
- Suggested Retail Price of $4.48 per package. (I found mine at Walmart for $3.98.)
- You can find the new line of deli meats in the packaged line of deli meat in grocery stores nationwide.
This sub is in need of some toppings. What would you put on yours to make it taste extra special?