This post was sponsored by DOLE® as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. All opinions expressed in my post are my own.
As a busy mom of a bazillion kids, sometimes I drop the ball. Sometimes, I don’t plan ahead for supper and have to figure out something quick and easy. It happened to me last week. I HAD to get kids to karate and there was absolutely NO time to make dinner.
I did, however, have these cool little divided plates and was able to throw together a quick meal that they were totally excited about eating. They just took their meal in the car with them. It was perfect. They loved how I wrote them little notes on their DOLE Mixations ®.
Quick Dinner Ideas for Kids
I love to have a list of healthy dinner ideas on hand, for times like this! The kind that takes hardly ANY time to grab and go. So, here’s my go-to list….
- String cheese
- Boiled eggs
- Broccoli or carrots and dip
- Carrots and hummus
- Pretzels or chips
- Meat & cheese Roll ups (in a tortilla, using lunch meat or a rotisserie chicken)
- Crackers, meat and cheese
- Canned vegetables (My kids will sometimes just eat these cold)
- Mac & Cheese (if time allows)
- Bean & cheese burritos (take a can of refried beans, place beans on tortilla, top with cheese and microwave)
- Chef Salad (using lunch meat or rotisserie chicken and pre-chopped veggies)
- BBQ chicken sandwiches (using a rotisserie chicken & BBQ sauce) & canned baked beans
- Tuna Salad & crackers
- Egg salad & crackers
- Yogurt cups
- Canned soup
- Ramen Noodle Soup
- DOLE Mixations®
When we were in our time pinch last week, I threw them together this meal, because I had it on hand.
- A ham sandwich
- Baby carrots
- DOLE® Mixations
The dinner container was even big enough to stick a spoon in. They were so excited to get
DOLE Mixations, that they didn’t mind a bit, having a sandwich for dinner. The biggest problem was deciding what flavor they were going to eat…as they’re all so good!
DOLE Mixations comes in 4 different flavors:
- Apple-Strawberry Sauce with Dices of Apple
- Pineapple-Mango Sauce with Pineapple Pieces
- Peach-Apple Sauce with Pineapple Pieces
- Apple-Raspberry Sauce with Dices of Apple
Their sauce is so smooth and you get actual, real chunks of fruit in every cup. YUM! They are non-GMO*, contain no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial flavors, are gluten free and rich in Vitamin C!
My kids LOVE all of the flavors, but, their favorite is Apple-Raspberry Sauce with Dices of Apple. I don’t blame them. It was really good. I LOVE how I can write fun little notes on their cups. It will help me to keep track of who wants want flavor AND it helps me to remind them just how much I love them, too!
Get your $1 Off Coupon
If you’d like to try DOLE Mixations, you can get a $1 coupon off of the purchase of a DOLE Mixations 4- pack. Just go here to get your coupon!
* No genetically modified (or engineered) ingredients
What would you add to my list of Quick Dinner Ideas for Kids?