Today is the last day of my series, 5 Days of Using Your Slow Cooker.
If you have stuck around this long, I hope that you have learned a little and have been inspired to use your slow cookers more often. When you’re sidetracked like me, it is sometimes the only thing that keeps you sane by the end of the day. Having dinner already cooked and ready to go so that I can relax a little is a big plus in my day!
There are so many good resources out there on the internet and in book form, I thought I’d share a few of my favorite places to get recipes. I often change the recipes up a little to make them what our family will eat, but these are great places to start.
My Favorite Slow Cooker Recipe Websites
- All Recipes - This links directly to their slow cooker section. What I like about this site is that there are plenty of users who are there and constantly rating them and adding what they would do to make it better. It helps you to know if you’d really want to make that dish.
- A Year of Slow Cooking - This is an amazing blog full of recipes that I would want to eat. Stephanie (the author) challenged herself to use her slow cooker every day. That’s my kind of friend! :) To top it off, most of her recipes are GLUTEN FREE if any of you have GF needs.
- CDKitchen – They claim to have over 5000 crockpot recipes!
- Better Homes & Gardens - They have a neat little Recipe Finder Tool that you can use.
- Taste of Home - I like all the pictures on their site. If you’re a visual person, you’ll appreciate their slow cooker section!
My Favorite Slow Cooker Cookbooks
These are the actual books that I own that I refer to often. Sometimes I feel like flipping through an actual book and sometimes I don’t!
Not Your Mother’s Slow Cooker Cookbook
Fix it & Forget It Cookbook
Fix it & Forget it for Entertaining Cookbook
- Saving Dinner – This is not a slow cooker cookbook, but has several crockpot recipes in it. I wouldn’t buy it just for slow cooker recipes, but she has some other great, healthy meals in there.
Thank you for joining me in this fun series! I do hope that you’ll keep coming back as I continue to add to the Freezer to Slow Cooker weekly menus section of the blog….as well as cheer me on in all of my other sidetracked adventures!
This post is part of a 5 Day Series, that I participated in with 19 other bloggers in the iHomeschool Network. There were many topics of discussion to include 5 Days of Camping Tips, 5 Days of Educational Apps, and 5 Days of Homeschooling a Special Needs Child. Click the graphic below to see the other topics.