It’s that time of year where we start sharing all of our awesome and amazing soup recipes. Well, this one sure fits the bill. It’s both awesome AND amazing. This soup is loaded with potatoes, carrots, broccoli, bacon and cheese. It’s hearty and creamy. It’s delicious and warming. I could use so many adjectives to describe it, it’s that good. LOL Let’s just say, there were absolutely no leftovers. I was so sad! It is definitely a recipe to be doubled or tripled and one that is completely safe to serve your guests. It’s kid friendly and husband friendly, too! (at least for mine)
Tweet this recipe!Click To Tweet
Chicken Cheddar Bacon Ranch Soup in the Slow Cooker
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 8
- Method: Slow Cooker
- 1.5 pounds chicken breasts
- 4 cups broccoli florets (chopped)
- 2 large potatoes (chopped)
- 5 large carrots (chopped)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 9 cups chicken stock
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp dry ranch dressing mix
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 package cream cheese
- 3 cups milk
- 3 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled (set aside some for garnishing)
- Green onions (optional for garnishing)
- Add chicken, broccoli, potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, chicken stock, and spices into slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4
- Once chicken is tender, shred it with a fork.
- Mix together cream cheese, flour and milk.
- Stir milk mixture into slow cooker and add back the shredded chicken.
- Cook on high for another 3o minutes.
- When ready to serve, add cheese and bacon.
- Garnish each bowl of soup with green onions, additional bacon and shredded cheese.
Freezer to Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Chop carrots & onion.
- Cook bacon, let cool & crumble into pieces.
- Mix chicken, broccoli, carrots, onion, garlic, 3/4 of crumbled bacon and spices in a gallon size freezer bag (or use the original bag that the chicken came in).
- Place the rest of the bacon in a smaller sandwich sized freezer bag. Put this bag inside of the larger bag.
- On cooking day, dice potatoes and add to the slow cooker. (You can freeze them, as long as they’re completely covered in liquid. Otherwise they’ll turn black and look inedible.)
- Pour contents of bag into slow cooker.
- Add chicken broth to slow cooker.
- Follow instructions 2-8 above.