My friend Holly is what I call a Foodie. She doesn’t have a blog, so sometimes, I happen upon some of her cooking awesomeness and she lets me share it here with you.
Last week, we went to our girls group called Bright Lights (a group where we talk about being Godly young ladies, do a craft and eat a snack), and she was the host. Each month, we take turns hosting and providing the craft and the snack. This week was Holly’s turn and she made some awesome cookies. She said I could share the recipe for these Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cookies. By the time we had left her house, the whole plate of cookies was gone.
- 1 Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large bowl, combine butter and cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla. Mix it up until it is completely mixed in, then add Red Velvet cake mix and continue mixing until a dough forms. It will be thick. Stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Form dough into one inch balls and rollinto powdered sugar to coat.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and then cool on wire rack.
- When they are cool, dust them with powdered sugar.