Slow Cooker Chicken Fajita Soup (Low Carb)
I love chicken fajitas, so I thought this would be a fun one to try.
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used 2 large ones)
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 yellow pepper sliced into strips
- 1 red pepper sliced into strips
- 1 green pepper sliced into strips
- 1 large onion sliced into strips
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 packet of McCormick Fajita Seasoning
- Shredded Cheese optional for topping
- Sour Cream optional for topping
Place all ingredients, but sour cream and cheese into slow cooker.
Cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
When cooking is complete, take chicken breasts out and shred them with forks, kitchen shears, or try these nifty little bear claws for shredding meat with.
Return chicken to the slow cooker.
Serve in bowls, topped with cheese and sour cream.
Freezer to Slow Cooker Instructions:
Slice onions and peppers into strips.
Place chicken, diced tomatoes, peppers, onion, garlic, and fajita seasoning into a one gallon freezer safe bag.
Label with "Chicken Fajita Soup"
Lay flat to freeze, so you can easily stack other items on top of it.
On cooking day, dump contents into slow cooker.
Add chicken broth to slow cooker as well.
Cook as directed above.
Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 741mg | Potassium: 674mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 837IU | Vitamin C: 97mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 2mg