Instant Pot Cuban Black Bean Soup
Cuban black bean soup is a traditional soup enjoyed by many. This black bean soup is humble in it's ingredients, yet it is known for it's simple bold flavor profile.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon of oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup of cilantro chopped
- 14 oz dried black beans pre-soaked
- 1 teaspoon of white vinegar
- 10 cups of water
- salt and pepper to taste
- You can top with sour cream cotija cheese, cilantro, garlic mojo, crush garlic croutons or plantain chips, red onions thinly sliced (raw or pickled), and sliced avocado.
In a large bowl soak beans for 1 hour.
In the Instant Pot hit the saute function for 5 minutes. Heat oil and add in the onion, green peppers, and minced garlic. Cook for a few minutes and add in the cumin and oregano. Stir often to keep from burning. Next, add in water, cilantro, and bay leaves, mix and add in black beans.
Cover with the lid and set to sealing. Cook on high pressure for 40 minutes.
Once 40 minutes are done, press cancel and allow to naturally release for 10 minutes before using quick release.
Once lid is off, stir gently, and add in white vinegar and taste for seasoning. Add salt and pepper if needed.
Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 25mg | Potassium: 334mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 155IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 3mg