Slow Cooker Mississippi Roast
Slow Cooker Mississippi Roast Is A Delicious Roast And Makes a Great Meal For Any Occasion!
- 1 3 to 4 pound beef chuck roast
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 12 ounce jar whole pepperoncini
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 1 packet brown gravy mix
- 1 stick butter
1. Add oil to an oven-safe skillet and heat over medium-high until very hot. (Note: An oven-safe skillet is not required if preparing to use a slow cooker.)
2. Salt all sides of the beef chuck roast. Carefully add to skillet and sear, allowing a deep crust to form. Brown on all sides.
3. If cooking in the slow cooker, place beef roast in crock. Otherwise, leave the beef roast in skillet and heat oven to 250 degrees.
4. Pour soup mix, gravy mix, and pepperoncini over beef roast. Place butter on top. Cover and cook. In the oven, the roast should cook for about 4 hours or until the roast is fork-tender. For cooking in the slow cooker, cook on low for 8 hours or until fork-tender.
5. Pull apart roast using two forks and serve.
Calories: 333kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 104mg | Sodium: 137mg | Potassium: 498mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 3mg