Instant Pot Italian Beef Stew
Instant Pot Italian Beef Stew is so Delicious! You Can Use Beef Stew Meat or Ground Beef! With Plenty of Italian Seasoning, it's Got a Slightly Different Taste Than Your Other Beef Stew Recipes.
Servings: 6 -8
- 3 lbs beef stew meat OR 2 lbs of ground beef browned.
- 1 onion
- 4 carrots
- 8 oz fresh baby portabella mushrooms optional
- 24 oz beef broth
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Dried parsley
Dice 1 onion, 4 carrots & slice 8 oz mushrooms.
Place meat in Instant Pot. If using ground beef, saute then drain grease.
Add carrots, broth, flour, basil, thyme, salt, pepper and diced tomatoes to Instant Pot; stir.
Place lid on Instant pot and close valve.
Cook on Manual, High Pressure for 35 minutes.
Quick release the pressure (AKA QR) and remove lid.
Stir in mushrooms (if you have them)
Optional Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Dice 1 onion, 4 carrots & slice 8 oz mushrooms.
- Place meat in slow cooker, add carrots, broth, flour, basil, thyme, salt, pepper and diced tomatoes to slow cooker; stir.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours.
- Stir in mushrooms (if you have them)
- Cover; cook 20 to 30 minutes longer. Sprinkle with parsley.
Calories: 385kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 54g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 141mg | Sodium: 1070mg | Potassium: 1262mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 6877IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 6mg