This Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak has been on my menu for weeks, but I kept putting it off. I’m the one who likes the dump it in recipes and this one requires that you actually have to at least form patties and partially precook the meat. To be honest, I was dreading it, but really wanted to try out this recipe. Well, let me tell you, it really wasn’t any big deal. You wouldn’t want to do it on your most rushed days, but seriously, sometimes I make things harder than they really are. Once I finally decided to assemble this dish, I was super happy with how quickly it came together. I was even happier with how delicious it was! The gravy it was cooked in made a great gravy for the mashed potatoes we served with it. I had no complaints from my family of 8. They all ate it up quickly, with no leftovers either!
Tweet to save this recipe!Click To Tweet
Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak Recipe - a Crockpot Freezer Meal
- 2 Pounds lean ground beef
- 1 Envelope of Onion Soup Mix
- 1/2 Cup Italian Bread Crumbs can use crushed crackers if you prefer
- 1 egg
- 1/4 Cup milk
- Flour enough to dip your patties into
- 2 Cans cream of mushroom soup or use cream of chicken, like I did
- 1 Package Au Jus mix
- In a large bowl, mix together beef, onion soup mix, bread crumbs, egg, and milk.
- Form beef mixture into 8 patties.
- Dredge the patties in flour to coat
- Brown the patties on both sides (You don't have to fully cook them if you don't want to since they'll be cooking for 4 or more hours in the slow cooker, too)
- Place the browned patties into the slow cooker, layering them if you need to
- In a medium bowl, prepare the Au Juis mixture according to package instructions.
- Mix in both cans of cream soup
- Pour the mixture over the patties.
- Cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, or until beef is done.
(Pin this, please!)
Freezer to Slow Cooker Recipe Instructions
- Follow instructions 1-4 above.
- Place browned patties into a gallon size freezer safe bag.
- Follow instructions 6-7
- Pour this mixture over the patties in the bag.
- Mix around, being sure to coat all the patties.
- Lay flat to freeze, to maximize freezer space.
- Label & Freeze.
Looking for my Freezer to Slow Cooker Menus? Go Here!
*Some links in this post are affiliate links.
You can make your own dry onion soup mix
8 teaspoons dried onion flakes
1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried parsley
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon turmeric
1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
and au jus – just use beef broth base (paste type
I’m a really bad cook but this was easy and pretty quick, tasted so good. M
y son 12 loved
the gravy. Must try!
do you thaw prior to putting in crock pot?
Can I place in crock pot frozen ? I need them to hang around in a crock pot from 7 am to about 530 p,m.
Earline Clason says
I fixed your receipe for White Chicken Chilli and it was a HUGE success!! My family and I loved it!! Thank you so much for the receipe. I’ll be trying more of your receipes.
I absolutely lve your site.. Excellent coors & theme.
Did you build this amazing site yourself? Please reply back
as I’m wanting to create my very own site
and would love to know where you got this from orr just what the theme
is named. Kudos!
I read a lot of interesting posts here. Probably you spend a lot
of time writing, i know how to save you a lot of time, there is an online tool that creates high quality, google friendly articles in seconds, just type in google – laranitas free content
Yolanda Roberson says
Would like to have Salisbury steak recipe sent to my email. Thanks