Mexican Casserole (Freezer to Crockpot)
Easy Mexican Casserole, is one of the dishes that I love making for my family. You can make it in the skillet or in the slow cooker, depending on how much time you have. The delicious flavors meld together perfectly and your family will be begging for more.
- Make rice according to package instructions.
- Chop onion and green peppers.
- Brown ground beef with onion and green peppers.
- Drain or scoop out the fat.
- Add taco seasoning, water, chili powder, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and kidney beans.
- Let simmer for 15 minutes to let flavors meld together nicely.
- Once rice is done, mix in.
- Place cheese on top and let melt.
- Dig in!
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Place all ingredients, except instant rice and cheese into slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- If you’re using the instant rice, you’ll want to add the rice about an hour before you’re ready to eat.
- Top with cheese a few minutes before serving.
Freezer to Slow Cooker Instructions:
Mix all ingredients (but instant rice and cheese) in freezer bag.
Put cheese in extra bag and staple onto casserole bag along with bag of rice of using instant.