Last week, I got my cups and glasses organized. I have so enjoyed the clutter free cups and glasses zone! You know, I’m finding that since I’m doing my kitchen so slowly, it’s not painful at all! But….I’m getting it done so much faster than if I hadn’t started this. I literally haven’t touched the baking cabinet in a few years. Ridiculous, I know. It was BAD!
Organizing my Baking Supplies Cabinet
Here’s my before picture:
When I say baking supplies, this also includes some serving dishes, all the measuring cups, the sugar, flour and cake decorating supplies. There’s plenty of things in there…..but I always refer to it as my baking supplies cabinet because that’s what I use the most out of that cabinet.
It was getting so bad. I had cake decorating sugars all dumped out, spilled food coloring, old coconut (about 2.5 bags of it…all having been opened before and never finished). There was more. Much, much more! But…..now it looks so nice! I figured out that I need a nice new set of measuring cups. I have about 5 different style of not complete sets. Whatever happened to all of the pieces of them? I have no clue. I picked a few to toss….and kept the rest, but I think I may order these:
Oh and I used some of my old Shaklee protein powder containers to hold the sugar and flour. They are perfect sizes and have nice screw on lids. They could use a nice pretty label, but for now, sharpie marker works great.
Here’s my after picture:
Your Assignment (should you choose to accept it)
- Remove everything from your cabinet.
- Throw away any old food.
- Put sugar and flour and other bagged items into jars or containers that they will not spill out of.
- Organize your items by shelf. (food items together, measuring cups together, serving dishes together, etc.).
- Wipe out the bottom each cabinet.
- Put everything back in, in an orderly manner.
- Shut the door and enjoy having that cabinet back in order again. It only took me about 30 minutes (because mine was a big mess), but I’ll be able to enjoy it for so much longer!
Other Ideas for Organizing Your Baking Supplies:
I asked for ideas on Facebook and got the following ideas:
- Anna says: I have a freestanding pantry with some drawers in it…one drawer is for baking sweets, one more for spices and one shelf is for all larger stuff (flour, oatmeal, etc). Baking pans are in the drawer under my stove except ones I use frequently which are tucked in the shelf with flour, etc.
- Courtney says: Use them up! Actually I use mason jars with plastic lids. Freeze all but a small amount to keep them fresh.
- Sarah says: I just put all mine in air tight packages in bins from Dollar Tree.
- Geremi says: i just purchased a seasoning spice organized that’ll clip onto the inside of my cabinet and it will hold all my spices. Thankfully because space in my kitchen is limited.
- I like these storage containers, too and they would probably look better than my Shaklee containers.
What about you? Have you joined in this challenge yet? Will you pin this image, to let more people know about it? All you have to do is click the image to pin it and it will take you directly to Pinterst.
We’re going to be working on our Pots & Pans cabinet as well as cookie sheets. For me, that’s two cabinets full of stuff that I’ll be going through. Do you have a great way that you keep your cookware nicely organized and clutter free? How do you decide what to get rid of? What are your must have cookware pieces? Please share here with me, email me or share with me on Facebook, so I can share your ideas. Pictures are always appreciated, too!
Also, if you want to see what you’ve missed and what’s coming, just go here: 52 Week Organized Home Challenge.