Frazzled. That is one word that I use to describe myself a little too often. My house is in constant need of attention. My kids are in constant need of attention and my dog….well, he needs attention, too, but that’s the kids’ job. :) My website/business really needs some attention and my man needs plenty of attention, too. :) There’s only one of me though and I’m in need of attention. (aka, I need to lose weight and get healthier). Sometimes my brain just wants to shut down and be selfish. That doesn’t work too well though when you’re the mom of 7 and you have all of these responsibilities that you signed up for!
A little while ago, I did a survey of my Facebook page readers, asking what their biggest challenges as women and mothers are. Do you know what they said? It’s losing weight, getting organized/decluttered and having enough time & money to do the things we enjoy. I must admit, I find each of those things to be a struggle, too. If I get overwhelmed, I’m good at shutting down and not getting the things I need to do done. I’ve been threatening to schedule out every 15 minute block of time that my kids and I have to help us be more productive, but I’m not sure that I would stick with it. My brain is not that type, if you know what I mean. :) I truly wish it were though!
Because I’m not the type of person who can do a really scheduled out life, I’ve had to modify the ways I do things to make my life easier. I make systems. Sometimes I use them, sometimes I forget (did I mention how very forgetful I am?), but when my systems are running smoothly, I feel like I can conquer the world! Take, for instance, my crockpot freezer meals. When I have a weekly meal plan in place, my life feels like it’s on autopilot. When I’m not using them, I’m going to the grocery store nearly every night.
10 Tools to Help Your Life Run More Smoothly!
Yesterday, I shared about the homemaking bundle and how you get all of my Freezer to Slow Cooker ebooks for free if you purchase it (that’s a $31 gift to you, just for being a SidetrackedSarah.com reader!). Today, I thought I’d share exactly how that bundle can help us frazzled moms out.
5 Helpful Books From the Homemaking Bundle That I’ve Read:
Here’s 5 of the books from the homemaking bundle that I actually own and love. My favorite is the first one…but I love the others as well!
- Drowning in Clutter? Don’t Grab a Floatie…Drain the Ocean - This book was written by my friend Dana of A Slob Comes Clean. She used to be a messy person with too much stuff (much like me, I’m afraid), but taught herself how to part with all of her clutter. When I need a dose of motivation on how to get rid of all this junk I’ve accumulated, I definitely turn to this book! She motivates you like nobody’s business! She has completely transformed her home and she’s not afraid to show you just how bad it had gotten.
- How to Blog for Profit (Without Selling Your Soul) – As a blogger, this book has been amazing! I’ve been slowly building my business as a blogger and found this book very motivating and helpful. If you’ve ever considered starting your own website, even if it’s just a hobby, you may want to consider reading this one. It’s a gem! She will explain the different methods of making money as a blogger and exactly what steps you need to take and in what order. You would be amazed at just how complicated being a blog owner can be. This book demystifies it for you!
- DIY Breakfast Station – My friend Kim Sorgius of Not Consumed has a unique idea here! She puts together a breakfast meal plan and makes packets/freezer bags, etc. full of breakfasts where her kids can grab what they need and go. She gives you her complete plan along with recipes in an ebook! It’s pretty cool! Breakfast is the one meal I refuse to cook and this is one way to make it a little more interesting than cereal, fruit and toast.
- Paperless Home Organization – In this amazing ebook, Mystie Winckler has showed you how to free your life of all the paper! She gives you systems, using tools like Evernote and she even teaches you how to use them. This is such a helpful book to get you onto the path of organization in your home! Paper seems to overtake the world, but this is one way to get it under control1
- That Works for Me: Tried and True Tips from Works for Me Wednesday - It’s been a while since I’ve looked through this book, but one of my tips was featured in this book! It was the one on how to clean out your dishwasher (taking it apart and everything!). It was a very popular post, but the book was even better! So many amazing tips from moms just like you and me. This one is a true gem!! You will be amazed at what you can learn!
5 Books I Can’t Wait to Read
The bundle has so many books and e-courses that I haven’t seen before, but so many of them look amazingly helpful to the discouraged homemaker! Here’s the 5 that I can’t wait to read and think that I’ll take on my next trip with me…. (but first I must fix my broken phone screen, yet another thing for this frazzled mom to do!)
- On the Road to Joyful Motherhood - Find yourself struggling or grumbling as you go through your day as a MOM?…
- The Busy Mom’s Guide to Teaching Character - Inside you can find tons of spiritual and practical help, as well as printable Scripture character cards for daily encouragement and to pray over your children…
- Treat Yourself: Real Food Desserts - If you enjoy dessert – and who doesn’t? – but don’t want to use junky ingredients, Treat Yourself is for you.
- How to Save Money: A 21-Day Challenge To Save $500/Month - taking twenty-one days to make some drastic, but realistic changes in order to save at least $500 each month…
- How Do I Get It All Done?…and Still Have Time to Enjoy It? - Some days will be tougher than others, but with a few strategies, systems…
If you’d like the chance to buy this bundle, be sure to read about it here. It will give you a list of the rest of the books, printables and e-courses in the bundle (99 of them!) In addition, you’ll get my 10 Freezer to Slow Cooker Cookbooks for free! (This is a gift, just for Sidetracked Sarah readers who purchase the bundle using my link. You’ll need to fill out the form on this page to let me know that you’ve bought it. And, the free gift from me is worth a $31.90 value!) Now that’s a deal! Hurry though, this bundle is not available for very long!
About my Freezer to Slow Cooker Meal Plans:
I have developed 9 weeks of meals that you prepare a week at a time and pop into the slow cooker for an easy meal! When I have a week or two made up in advance, I am so happy with how productive I can be! I don’t know about you, but when I’m in frazzled mode, meal time is one of the more stressful parts of my day. The last thing I’ll want to do is think about what we’re eating.
Speaking of deals…. don’t forget to get the pack of Huggies Diapers from TopCashBack. Today is the last day! You pay $18.97 plus shipping (unless you can get the site to store shipping to work) and you’ll get $21 back as a rebate. I’ve used this company before….and it works! .