This review is sponsored by EGUMPP. While I am a homeschool parent, this curriculum will work for homeschoolers and public schoolers alike. If you have a child in need of some extra grammar instruction, please read on to hear more about it and to have a chance at winning the giveaway! All opinions are 100% my own and are in no way influenced by the sponsor.
English. It was my favorite subject in school. I always found it to be really easy and relatively enjoyable. I’m not sure why, because I absolutely hated diagramming sentences. Did you like to diagram? I know there’s a few “weirdos” out there who do…but me, I’d rather just write stories and read books when I’m talking about an English class. Thankfully diagramming sentences isn’t all that English class is about!
As a homeschooler, typically I don’t stress out too much about teaching English. I want them to spell well, read well and write well, but seriously don’t care too much about them knowing how to diagram sentences. However, I do realize that knowing how to diagram a sentence is a lead in to knowing how to use your grammar properly. My son is in 12th grade this year, but when I was going through his transcripts, I realized he was short one credit of English. For us, it’s not a big deal, because we found an online program that will help us finish up and get that last credit, all while making sure he’s ready to go to college and write term papers. It’s called EGUMPP.
You may be wondering what in the world EGUMPP stands for? I know I did. It stands for: English Grammar Usage Mechanics Punctuation Program. In short, it’s an online web based program that helps prepare your child, whether they’re in middle school, high school or even college age, to fill in any gaps that they have in their grammar and punctuation instruction. You would be amazed at how many people begin college with inadequate grammar instruction!
We recently started the program and so far I’ve been impressed. Let me tell you a few of my favorite aspects of the program:
- They use audio and video to communicate with the student, making it very hands off for the parent or instructor.
- They make it easy to understand and slowly build upon each principle that the student is learning.
- It can work for so many age levels! If my middle schooler is strong in grammar and usage, she can use this course, or if you need to make sure your high schooler is doing well enough before sending him off to college (like me), you can use this course, too! They even use this course for students in college who are not strong writers, to improve their skills!
- They have online flashcards to help you review the information you were just taught. You read the statement or question and then click “Show Answer” and it will show you the answer so you can see if you’re right.
- It breaks each module up, so that you can only focus on one aspect at a time. For instance, Grammar is module one, Usage is Module 2, Punctuation and Capitalization & Punctuation is Module 3 and Writing Mechanics is Module 4.
- The “Practice to Mastery” section aims to let you literally practice what you’ve been learning and will grade your abilities. If you aren’t up to speed, you will have the opportunity to continue practicing until you’ve improved your grade.
- It allows my student to work at his own pace.
- It includes lesson-ending writing tasks using the concepts within the lesson to ensure a higher level of retention.
Who is EGUMMP for?
It all depends on how strong you are in grammar, usage, punctuation and writing.
- Middle Schoolers who want to be strong writers.
- High Schoolers – EGUMPP prepares your high schoolers for the SAT & ACT all while preparing them for college as well!
- Even College Students – You would be amazed at how many college students show up with the unsatisfactory ability to write essay papers. EGUMPP will help get them up to speed so that they can graduate with higher scores.
- Independent Learners – In order to use EGUMPP, you must be able to use a computer and watch videos and follow instructions.
- Homeschoolers who want a hands off grammar approach.
- Nonhomeschoolers who have children who are struggling and need more instruction in this area.
EGUMPP is being very generous and 10 people will have the chance to win a suite of EGUMPP Products. This includes all 4 modules. Each winner will receive an EGUMPP Suite that includes a license key and an eBook for each module. Each module license key provides access to that module for one year plus access to the eBook for that module. This is an online product and nothing will be shipped to you. If you’re entering to win, be sure to check the email address you comment with regularly. You would be amazed at how many giveaway winners never email me back.
Would you like the chance to win? Leave me a comment below and tell me who you would use this for if you won. It can be you, your child, your best friend’s child or even your grandchild. If this will help someone you know, be sure to get entered! Giveaway ends on Saturday, May 9th at 11:59 P.M PST.