This post brought to you by PERK. All opinions are 100% mine.
Having 6 kids, I know all about how quickly a car can start smelling badly. We travel together often and many times, there are yucky treasures left in the back seats, as well as the little nooks and crannies of our van. We can trash out a van in the blink of an eye. I’m sure most families with kids can do the same. You really have to stay on top of your game, to keep it under control.
How Can I Keep My Car Smelling Fresh?
- Keep All Trash Cleaned Out - That should be a given, right? But lots of times, we moms think we have all the trash cleaned out and some little one stuffed an old food wrapper under the seat or into the seat. Be sure to check all the places that kids stuff things on a regular basis.
- Assign an Area to Each Child to Keep Clean – Since we’re about to have our 7th child, we just bought a new (to us) 15 passenger van. My biggest dread? Figuring out how to keep 4 rows of seats cleaned out. My solution? Assign each child a seat that is their own jurisdiction and make it one of their chores to clean it out on a weekly basis. Likely, you don’t have as many kids or as big of a van as I do, but you can still assign sections of your vehicle to a child to keep up with. Not only will it encourage responsibility, the whole family will benefit from how nice it feels to travel in a clean vehicle!
- Take Precautions when Traveling with Children - They make mats to go under car seats that are easier to clean than fabric seats are. Use sippy cups and/or cups with lids to give them drinks in. If you allow snacks in your vehicle, be sure they are non-messy snacks and easy to vacuum or pick up, if dropped.
- Vacuum Regularly - When you take the time to vacuum your automobile out on a regular basis, you are more likely to find hidden treasures that are apt to cause a stink. You’re also more likely to look under things and in cracks and crevices to really dig out anything that could turn into a stinky mess. I’m always surprised at what I find. I’d be embarrassed if you were standing over my shoulder, watching me!
- Use Car Air Fresheners – Use a freshener like PERK Vent Wrap. I was given the opportunity to try out this amazing car air freshener called PERK Vent Wrap. I’ve never really given car air fresheners much of a chance, but I was thoroughly impressed with how powerful these little vent air fresheners are!
I was able to try 3 different scents:
- New Car
- Vanilla and
- Lush Valley
(Other Available Scents: are Absolute Zero and Fresh Laundry)
While I liked all of the scents, I think my favorite scent was Lush Valley. Ironically, since our van is new, we chose to use the New Car scent first in our van to see if we could keep that new smell going strong or not. We had to laugh, as my 11 year old daughter didn’t know that we had installed the vent wrap in the van when we picked her up from church the other night. We were driving down the road and she says, “Something smells really fresh in our van”. LOL. She was impressed. And, so are we!
Benefits of PERK Vent Wraps
- I love how easy they are to install. They just clip right onto the outside of your vent. (See how discreet they are in the picture above?)
- The air flows around them, making your vehicle fragrant with the smell of the vent wrap.
- There is no liquid to leak or spill.
- Each vent wrap lasts for 2 weeks, so a package of 4 will last up to 60 days.
- They have amazing scents!
- They’re easy to find. You can buy them at Walmart, Target, Advanced Auto Parts and other retailers that sell automotive air freshener.
- They are made with StediScent® – for fragrance that is just right.
For even more information on PERK Vent Wraps, check out this informational video:
and be sure to Like PERK on Facebook. If you’d like most fresh smelling car, I encourage you to find PERK Vent Wrap at your store, the next time you’re there!
Would You Like a Chance to WIN a 6 Month Supply of PERK Vent Wrap?