I’ve been so busy thinking about Black Friday Sales (have you seen my sale yet?) and holiday season, that I’ve put off starting to eat more healthily! I’m getting caught up on the holiday festivities now and I’m starting to focus on healthy, diet friendly recipes for my slow cooker. I’m about to get going on a new eating plan (aka diet) and I think this one fits the bill! It was really good and a great way to fill up the freezer! This made a large pot that we ate on for several days, but the next time I make it, I’m going to put individual serving sizes in quart size freezer bags so that I can have plenty of food for my lunches, when I’m on a diet.
In the past, I’ve bought Progresso Light Soup as a staple for my kitchen while on a diet. While those soups are good, this one is much better, and so much better for you, too!
Slow Cooker Chicken Santa Fe Soup
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cans diced tomatoes and green chilies
4 cans of diced tomatoes
4 cans black beans
4 cups of chicken broth
1 chopped onion
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp cumin
salt & pepper to taste
- Chop onion.
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours
- Once the soup is cooked through, chop chicken up into small pieces using a knife or kitchen shears.
Freezer to Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Chop Onion
- Place all ingredients in a gallon size zip lock bag. (If you need room, you can put it into 2 bags or hold some of the canned goods out until cooking day.)
- Label and lay flat to freeze.
- Follow instructions above on cooking day.
Don’t forget about my Black Friday through Cyber Monday sale! You can get all of my recipe ebooks, my Christmas crafts ebook and my leftover turkey recipe book for one low price, which is more than 1/2 price! For more information, go here.