This is a post from monthly contributor Karen from The Saving Cents Mom.
Spicy BBQ Chicken is a delicious crock pot recipe that is so easy to make. Just put all of the ingredients in the crock pot and let it simmer all day. It is the perfect dinner on nights when you don’t have time to cook.
- 4-6 Chicken Breasts, thawed or frozen
- 1 18 oz. Bottle of BBQ Sauce
- ¼ Cup of Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon of Onion, minced
- 1 Teaspoon of Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon of Garlic, minced
- ¼ Cup of Brown Sugar
1. Put 4-6 chicken breasts into the crock pot. I always pull the chicken straight from the freezer and put it into the crock pot, but you can use chicken that is thawed too.
2. Add 1 bottle of BBQ sauce. My personal favorite is Kraft BBQ Sauce but you can use any kind you prefer.
3. Add a ¼ cup of vinegar to the crock pot.
4. Add a teaspoon of minced onion, red pepper flakes, and garlic.
5. Add ¼ cup of brown sugar to the crock pot.
6. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 4-6 hours
Serves: 4-6 people
Serve Spicy BBQ Chicken with a side of brown rice and salad for a complete, delicious meal.
If you have any leftovers, shred the chicken and serve it on a bun to make Spicy BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches. I like to add just a little more BBQ sauce on top of the chicken when I make these sandwiches and serve them with homemade cole slaw and zucchini fries. I love when you can make two meals out of one recipe. It not only saves you time but money too.
What is your favorite crock pot chicken recipe?
This post is written by Karen from The Saving Cents Mom. Karen is a mom who loves to save money! She has two amazing children and a wonderful husband who she loves to spend time. They enjoy reading books, playing outside, watching movies, and making memories.