One of my kids’ favorite side dishes that we eat, when we go to a friend’s house for Thanksgiving dinner each year, is her homemade macaroni and cheese. I’m not sure why I don’t make it more often, really, because in the Instant Pot, Macaroni & Cheese is so easy!
We decided this past week, that we had to make an easy mac & cheese recipe, but we knew we didn’t want the cheap, sometimes tasteless boxed version. We wanted the best mac & cheese recipe! We wanted homemade! We decided to try it out in the Instant Pot and it turned out great! We were not disappointed by this easy mac & cheese recipe, that’s for sure!
It was so simple to throw together. Of course, if you don’t have an Instant Pot, you could use a slow cooker or another pressure cooker, wth very similar results. I just love how quick it seems with the Instant Pot!
I’ve made a video, to capture the process. I’ll post it below:
Instant Pot Easy Mac & Cheese Recipe
This Instant Pot Easy Mac & Cheese Recipe is super simple and a family favorite! You’ll love it!
- 1 lb Elbow Macaroni
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 cups water
- 2 tsp dry ground mustard
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Place macaroni noodles, butter, water, dry mustard, salt and pepper into Instant Pot.
- Close lid, close valve.
- Cook on Manual for 4 minutes. (If you are new to the Instant Pot, it will take time for the pressure cooker to come to pressure, before the cooking cycle begins).
- Use quick release, to release the pressure.
- Remove lid and check to see that macaroni noodles are to desired firmness.
- If they need to be cooked longer, turn the Instant Pot to Saute, and cook until they’ve reached your desired consistency.
- Stir in cheeses and milk.