The funny thing about blogging about crockpot meals is that my family doesn’t get to eat the same meal twice very often. I mean, we do go back and repeat things, but I’m always so eager to try new things, that we often don’t get around to eating a favorite until months later. My poor family.
That is happening with this meal. Apparently, it’s one of my best slow cooker meals. At least, according to my oldest daughter. Tonight, I was working on editing the photo I took of the meal and my daughter walked by and said, “When can we eat that again?” Well…I wasn’t exactly planning to eat it next week, but…. now I am. All of my kids LOVED it! Did you notice it has spinach in it? Yeah, my kids didn’t really even notice that. They just enjoyed the taste too much. So… since they love it, I’m gonna do it again soon. 🙂 They’ll be so happy! Now, how about you? Are you ready to try it?
Slow Cooker Beef & Cheese PastaTweet this recipe!Click To Tweet
2 pounds of cooked ground beef, drained and rinsed
1 medium onion, diced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 26 oz jar of spaghetti sauce
1 15 oz can stewed tomatoes
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Bouillon cubes
3 cups of fresh spinach
16 oz box of penne noodles (or your favorite kind), cooked al dente
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker, except pasta, spinach, Parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Stir to mix well.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3.
- Add pasta, parmesan cheese and spinach and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and serve.
Freezer to Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Brown the 2 pounds of ground beef, drain it and rinse it to get any excess grease off.
- Chop onion
- Place cooked ground beef, onion, garlic, spaghetti sauce, stewed tomatoes, spices, Worcestershire sauce, and bouillon cubes in the gallon sized freezer safe bag.
- Label & Lay flat to freeze.
This recipe is now available in a printable one week menu. Freezer to Slow Cooker, Week 12 has published! In it you will find the following recipes:
- Mexican Chicken Nachos
- Beef & Cheese Pasta
- Herbed Roast and Gravy
- Greek Chicken
- Lasagna Soup
- Kansas Swiss Steak
This weekly menu comes with 6 recipes, assembly instructions, shopping list and labels you can cut out and tape onto your freezer bag. Purchase the menu by going here: