I love eating soup in the winter! We had several days of negative degree temperatures and soup is just what I needed to warm my body. It’s my kind of comfort food! We had never tried stuffed pepper soup, but we really enjoyed this one. It really does taste like stuffed peppers, too!
Can you do me a favor and pin this recipe on Pinterest?
Tweet this recipe!Click To Tweet Print
Crock Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Method: Slow Cooker
- 1-2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 2 15oz cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 15 oz can of water
- 1 can corn (optional)
- 1 cup brown rice (if you choose to use instant or white, you will need to add it at the end or it will be mush)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper
Place all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 7-8 hours.
Hint, the longer this cooks, the more likely your rice is going to eat up all the liquid. If you find your soup thick, you can add water to it until it reaches the consistency you’d like to see. Also, if you use white rice, it will be mush. If you plan to cook the rice in the slow cooker, you’ll need a tougher grain, like brown rice. If you prefer white rice, cook it separately and add it towards the end of its cooking time.
Freezer to Slow Cooker Directions:
- Brown Ground Beef
- Chop Onions & Green Peppers
- Place all ingredients except rice in freezer safe bag.
- Label the bag and write a note to be sure to add the rice to the crockpot on the day of cooking.
- Lay it flat to freeze.
*This post contains affiliate links.