This post is sponsored by Crock-It Lock-It. All opinions are 100% my own. As you’ll see, I absolutely LOVE the product! That makes telling you about it all the easier!
As you know, I had a party for an adoption fundraiser this week. We had some fun and enjoyed one of my family’s favorite party foods!
Chile Con QuesoTweet this recipe!Click To Tweet
My husband loves to order this at the Mexican restaurant, so I finally decided to find a recipe that he would love. It’s super simple!
2 Pound block of White Velveeta Cheese (or you can use sliced American if you wish)
1 7 oz can of chopped green chiles
1/2 to 1 cup of Milk
- Cut the cheese up into cubes and place in slow cooker.
- Pour green chilies over and mix around.
- Let melt for about 30 minutes on high and then add 1/2 cup of milk.
- Check on regularly to stir it all together.
- Continue adding milk until it is the desired consistency that you would like to see.
- The less milk you add, the more thick it will be.
- Once it has reached the consistency you’re looking for, place the slow cooker on the “Keep Warm” setting. If your slow cooker doesn’t have this setting, you can put it on low, but watch it carefully so that it doesn’t burn.
Tip: You can also do this on the stove top or in the microwave and then transfer it to the slow cooker to keep it warm.
So, we had this party that we were planning to host at our church. I remember the last time that I had to take my slow cooker anywhere, it was such a pain. The lid would always tip off and I’d risk losing the contents, or at least contaminating them. It’s always such a huge job getting it to and from the car. You can’t carry anything else with it as you have to keep all hands on the slow cooker! Oh and don’t contaminate the serving piece by dropping it on the floor of your car, right?
I recently ran across the Crock-It Lock-It on another website and thought that I would LOVE to try it out in person. The next week, I received mine at my door, but I didn’t really pay much attention to it until I absolutely needed to use it. After all, what good are tools until you need them, right?
As I was getting ready for this party, I remembered that I could use this to keep my crockpot lid on tight, and it would also make it easier to carry. Once I got it strapped onto my slow cooker, I was hooked!
What is a Crock-It Lock-It?
A Crock-It Lock-It is a special tool to help cinch your lid down onto your slow cooker so that when you have to take it outside of your house, like to a party or a pot luck dinner, the lid won’t tip off and you don’t risk spilling the contents. It also has a great handle on the top so that you can carry it one handed and with ease. It really is an amazing little product! Watch this video to see more about how it works:
Why We Love Our Crock-It Lock-It
- The amazing handle! Really, it’s amazing. It feels so sturdy. There’s no way it would break off of the unit. It’s the perfect grasp for your hand.
- You can get it so tight, you’ll never worry about your contents spilling. In fact, on our way into town, my daughter accidentally tipped the slow cooker all the way up so that the cheese dip was around the lid area, but nothing oozed out and of course, nothing spilled. Yay!
- It’s adjustable! You can fit any sized slow cooker into the Crock-It Lock-It. There’s a guide on the straps that allows you to set it where you want them to be set. From 3 quart slow cookers all the way to 8 quart slow cookers. It will work for oval or round slow cookers.
- You can carry your slow cooker one handed. Because you’re not a bit worried that it’s going to spill, you can carry your slow cooker with the Crock-It Lock-It attached, one handed. It feels like you’re carrying a briefcase. Seriously. (and that’s my daughter demonstrating for you above)
- It comes with a ladle that is always attached to the top! To me, that little idea was ingenious. You can have your crockpot and your ladle, too! 🙂 I always forgot my serving utensils before now!
Where Can You Get One?
*Some links in this post are affiliate links.