Welcome back to our 12 Weeks of Getting Healthy & Fit Series. Today marks the end of Week 3. Last week, I didn’t “officially” report any weight lost since I had the family emergency to deal with and didn’t get weighed at an appropriate time.
This week, however, I did weigh in and I’m down 3 pounds from 2 weeks ago. It’s not quite as drastic as week one, but I’ll take it! That makes a total of 9 pounds! Woot! I’ll take whatever I can get!
I can tell in my face and my stomach the most so far, but it’s still very small changes that I’m noticing. Once I lose a little more, I’ll share with you the side shot….which is a little more obvious! The side shot is a bit appalling to me, so I’m hesitant to share it with you yet.
My biggest obstacle this week was Exercise.
I’m busy. I’m a homeschool mom of 6 kids. I just can’t seem to find the time to exercise. This week, I walked with my husband, did T-tapp once and tiled more of a floor (and got sore from doing all those squats!). I don’t think this is enough. It’s definitely not meeting my original goal of 5x a week. I often said that I’d be a fit fat girl, because I much prefer exercising over changing my eating habits, but right now, it seems to be the opposite. It’s not that I mind exercise, it’s just hard to take the time when I’ve got a toddler and 5 other kids needing me so often. I get distracted….or you could even say sidetracked (wink). Yes, I’ve got all the excuses in the world, but this week, I’m going to really, really focus on making exercise a priority! I’m going to try starting my day with it.
Why do I REALLY need exercise?
- Building muscles, burns calories! Any physical movement burns calories, too.
- It will help to reshape my problem areas.
- It will strengthen my heart and my stamina (this is important to me as I watched my FIL go through his traumatic cardiac arrest experience last weekend)
- Improves my mood – I’m still struggling with this a little
- Boosts energy – I’m already feeling more energy than I was!
- Promotes better sleep
- It can be fun – We are signing up for a family fun run at the end of the month! I’m excited to get my kids excited about it.
For more reasons to stay motivated to lose weight, visit our Group Pinterest Board.
Are you joining in on the Get Healthy & Fit bandwagon? Leave me a comment and tell me how you’re doing! I’d love to hear from you!
If you’d like to follow the other bloggers in this series, click on the picture below. There’s 19 of us who are doing this together and we’re all doing it in our own unique ways.