Day 1, Week 1
Today is the day! September 10th. The day that I committed to begin eagerly (and I’m sure sometimes not so eagerly) trying to lose weight and attain a more healthy body! I’m making a commitment to you and to my fellow bloggers that I will work hard for 12 straight weeks. Each Monday I will give you a special update letting you know how I did that week. I will share my inches lost, my pounds lost and exercise that I did that week. I will also share my obstacles as well as my successes! You know what? I’m kind of scared. Why would I be scared?? Well….this is something that I have only ever had temporary success at. I am good at dropping 5 pounds here and 5 pounds there….but never have I lost much and kept it off. I’ve never been in it for the long haul. I give up too soon.
A couple weeks ago, I was lying in bed, thinking about how fat I am. I started to think through the different ways that maybe, just maybe, I could be successful at losing this weight. Suddenly, I got an idea. I thought to myself, “If you host a series and invite several bloggers to join you, you will be forced to try to lose weight”. I know, some of you may have your doubts. You’re thinking, “yeah…but….you quit several times before, why will this time be different?” I know you’re thinking that because I thought it, too. My answer? It’s because I don’t want to disappoint my fellow bloggers who I made this commitment with. How can I quit if I’m the host? How can I quit if my picture is at the bottom of each of these other bloggers’ posts, telling the world what I’m doing? I’m in this thing for 12 weeks no matter what!! It is entirely possible that I won’t lose much weight, but it won’t be because I didn’t try. I’ll just be fat and fit if that happens. ;) I have a feeling that won’t happen though.
This is me. I don’t usually like to share pictures of my full body with you, so I’m going out on a limb here. I turned 36 yesterday and I am not getting any younger. My feet ache. My back hurts. I worry that my thyroid is low or that my blood pressure is high because my energy is low. I’m too young to feel like this! I’ve been overweight for too long! This is something that plagues me daily. I go to bed with high hopes of “doing better” tomorrow, only to wake up hungry, busy and sometimes stressed out. Who has time to think about weight loss in the midst of a busy day? Guess what? I do! I just have to CHOOSE to make those hard decisions. They WILL get easier.
Now for my plan. No one is successful without a plan!
- Regular prayer & Bible time to spur myself towards the right decisions, especially the decision of self control!
- Drink green smoothies for breakfast 4x a week
- Eat a soup or saladfor lunches 4x a week
- Eat a regular, sensible dinner with normal portions. (probably using Weight Watchers online plan)
- Increase vegetable and fruit intake
- Decrease sugar and soda consumption
- Use my 15 minute T-tapp Exercise DVD 5x a week
- Slowly add in the 55 minute T-tapp Exercise program as time permits
- Walk, Bicycle and/or go to the gym as time permits
- Use my DAILY PRINTABLE CHECKLIST to encourage healthy habits.
- Weigh & Measure each week & report the increases or decreases here on my blog.
What do I hope to gain by doing this?
- a closer relationship with Jesus as I lean on Him in the hard times
- a smaller body – I hope to lose 15-20 pounds in the next 12 weeks
- a healthier body – I hope my aches and pains will begin to minimize
- a more energetic body – I hope to be able to have more energy to get things done, so everything doesn’t feel so hard!
Please pray for me as I embark on this journey. And if you can, join me! I have 18 other bloggers joining me, it would be fun to have more!! Also, if you’re interested in reading the other bloggers plans and succeses, click on the picture below.