Today is the beginning of a new series that I’m taking part in with the iHomeschool Network. It is 5 Days of Using Your Slow Cooker.
We’re going to start things off with a bang. If you’ve not seen it before, I have 3 weeks of crock pot meals lined out for you in my Freezer to Slow Cooker section of the blog. Each week has a shopping list as well as an order to do things in. I’ve made it easy for you and show you how you can do all of your prep work at the beginning of the week and then freeze it so that its ready when you are!
Today, I’m ready to roll out another week of 6 meals! Please keep in mind that I am providing you with the shopping list and meal plan for the main dishes. This means, you will need to come up with sides, that your family will enjoy. Each family is different, especially when it comes to sides, so I figured you could handle that part! Here’s what we’ll be eating. If you click the link it will lead you to each individual recipe.
Freezer to Slow Cooker, Week 4
6 Crockpot Recipes, Shopping List & Assembly Order
If you want the shopping list, that is divided by category, click the link above for a printable .pdf file.
1. Chop 5 onions, separated into 2, 2, 1
2. Grate or chop 1/3 cup of carrots (for Chicken Noodle soup)
3. Brown 4 pounds ground beef with 2 onions & 4 garlic cloves
4. While it’s browning, put pork roast & 2 onions in gallon size freezer bag. Label it: Pulled Pork. Freeze.
5. When the ground beef is done browning, drain it & divide it in half. Place 1/2 in a freezer bag and label it Chili. Place the other half in a freezer bag and label it Sloppy Joes.
6. Combine remaining 2 pounds ground beef in bowl with 1 egg, remaining onion, a pinch of salt. Form into balls and brown for about 15 minutes, getting as much grease out of them as possible. If they’re not fully cooked, it’s OK. Once cooled, put in freezer bag and label Meatballs
7. In another freezer bag, place chili sauce, lemon juice and grape jelly. Mix together well by sealing the bag and squishing it together between your fingers. Label Meatballs and staple or tape it together with the other Meatball bag.
8 . Place 4 chicken breasts, 2 cans of chicken broth, chopped or grated carrots, 1/2 t. onion powder, 1/4 t. garlic powder, 1/4 t. Italian seasoning into gallon freezer bag. Label: Chicken & Noodle Soup.
9. Make sure all your freezer bags are flat and can stack nicely on one another when you stick them in the freezer. I avoided freezing your canned goods when possible. Sometimes, I had the canned goods (like chicken broth) go in when it would do the meat some good soaking in it.
There is one recipe on the list that cannot be freezer prepared. That is the Macaroni & Cheese. I also suggest maybe adding sub sandwich fixings to this as it may not be enough for a complete meal. The mac & cheese could be your side on that particular day. A delicious side though!
Another option is to add all of your canned goods into the bags so you literally don’t even have to open a can on the day that you are crocking it. I don’t have much room in my freezer, so I did not do that. If at all possible, you’ll want to get the frozen part of your meal out the night before and thaw it in the refrigerator. You can put it in your slow cooker frozen, but you may want to add some cooking time onto the recipe.
For each recipe’s instructions, please click on each individual recipe.
If the Crockpot Freezer Meals have been helpful to you, I’d love it if you’d take a minute to like Sidetracked Sarah on Facebook.
Also, for a Free 1 Week Printable Crockpot Freezer Meals Menu, be sure to subscribe to my email updates. Your free menu will be emailed as soon as you confirm your subscription.