Remember how I love all things easy when it comes to the kitchen and cooking? Yes, here I am again! I also happen to LOVE Mexican food! I could eat at our local Mexican restaurant every day if we could afford it. Because of this love, I wanted to share with you some of my go-to Mexican meals when I’m in a pinch. They use 3 simple ingredients. Some of the recipes, you would add more to it, but this is the staple of the recipe.
- Montereys – the meat mixture over a fried tortilla and topped with cheese, sour cream & salsa.
- Taco Salad – meat mixture over chips and lettuce and then topped with cheese, sour cream & Salsa.
- Deluxe Nachos – Meat mixture over chips & topped with lots of cheese.
- Chili – meat mixture, including taco seasoning, add in diced tomatoes & green chilies, tomato sauce and diced onion.
- Mexican Casserole – [1st layer] flour tortillas, [2nd layer]meat mixture, [3rd layer] cheese & chopped (green) onions, [4th layer] cover with tortillas [5th layer]spread 1 can of Rotel and 1 can Cream of chicken soup, mixed together [6th layer] top with cheese
- Tacos – meat mixture inside of taco shells, topped however you like your tacos.
I’m sure we could throw that into a flour tortilla, top it with cheese and wrap it up as a burrito, too. I’ve never tried it, so I didn’t include it. I wanted to be sure to only offer you things that I’ve actually tried! That way I know it’s good, too!
Freezer Idea: You could mix this up in a large quantity and freeze it in meal size quantities so that it’s ready for whatever meal you’re wanting that day.
What about you? Do you have a favorite, super easy go to meal?
For more easy recipes, check out my Freezer to Slow Cooker section of the blog.
*This post contains affiliate links.