Potatoes (Peeled and quartered)
Carrots (peeled and halved)
One packet of onion soup mix
Put contents in slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours. If you cook it on high, your meat will be done, but not quite as tender if you only cook it for 4 hours.
If you’d like to prepare this for a freezer to slow cooker meal, you will do as follows:
- Dissolve onion soup mix in 2 cups of water
- Pour into freezer safe bag with roast that was removed from it’s packaging.
- Freeze together
- Peel and slice carrots and freeze in a separate bag.
- Remember to pull contents out the night before and let it begin thawing in the refrigerator. If you happen to forget, just throw it all in the crock frozen, but you’ll want to give it about an hour of extra cooking time.
- On cooking day, peel potatoes that you need for your family size.
- Put roast in the water/soup mixture on the bottom and then stack the potatoes and carrots on top of that. I prefer the meat to be in the juices so that it continues to get the flavor of the onion soup mix, but if you would rather have your veggies get that taste in them, put the vegetables on the bottom and the meat on top.
Tip: If you’re really short on time, just put the washed potatoes in with their peel.